Filter by Date
Filter by Date
All Shows in July 2023
- Thursday July 6th 08:30PM - Club 337
- James Austin Johnson (SNL): The Age of JAJ
- Lafayette Comedy presents comedian and actor James Austin Johnson: The Age of JAJ Tour!July 6, 2023 @ 8:30PM (Doors at 8PM)JAMES AUSTIN JOHNSON is a comedian originally from Nashville and a featured player on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. The New York Times has called him “one of SNL’s most versatile celebrity impressionists.” His spot-on impression of Trump paired with his improvisational ramblings about Weird Al, Julia Louis Dreyfus, and Scooby Doo have garnered over 5 million views, with profiles on James in Vanity Fair, Slate, Mashable, and VICE to name a few. As an actor, James' TV/Film credits include FUTURE MAN, BASKETS, ROBBIE, BETTER CALL SAUL, THE LAST TYCOON and the Coen Brothers’ feature HAIL, CAESAR!. As a stand up, James has performed on the Vice series FLOPHOUSE, as well as RIOT LA and JUST FOR LAUGHS as a New Face.
- Saturday July 8th 08:30PM - Artmosphere
- Unteachables Comedy Tour (Stephen Taylor, Lou Pharis, Joe McKenna) at Artmosphere
- Lafayette Comedy and Oof. Comedy presents the Unteachables Comedy Tour with Stephen Taylor, Lou Pharis, Joe McKenna on Saturday, July 8th at Artmosphere.About the comics:Stephen Taylor: Originally a Louisiana native, Stephen moved to Kansas City to escape his traditional southern roots. A former political operative and evangelical, Stephen combines his unique perspective with some sweet southern charm to headline and feature at your favorite clubs, bars, and colleges across the country. He's a fast rising talent in the region that has worked with comics like Theo Von, Karlous Miller, and Mark Normand. He is the house Feature at the KC Improv and has been accepted into festivals like Flyover Fest, B4UDIE, and SF Sketchfest. He is also the co-founder of the Barrel of the Bottoms studio in Kansas City, and co-host of the Set to Destroy Podcast.Lou Pharis: A Denver-based stand-up comedian who uses his high energy and outrageous experiences in the classroom to keep crowds laughing. Lou is a rapidly rising comic that has been featured at comedy clubs, festivals, and private events across the US and the UK.Originally from Louisiana, Lou has been teaching in the classroom for 8 years and applies his classroom management style to command crowds’ attention in comedy clubs. Weaponizing his ADHD, Lou vividly details the ridiculous happenings of his teaching career, his Cajun upbringing, and the societal norms of his time in the South. His need to interact with the crowd makes his likable comedy approach a crowd favorite.Lou has been seen on NBC, the Jim and Sam show with Jim Norton, performed at festivals and has been featured in New York, London, and Hawaii. His comedy has netted over 40 million views on social media. Lou founded Couyon Comedy by using his stand-up experiences from his time in Orlando and capitalizing on Colorado’s high demand for live comedy.Joe McKenna: A comedian from Boston, Massachusetts. Drawing comedic inspiration from his parents and grandmother Rita, he likes to live by the motto, "Never lose your sense of humor!"Humor has been a part of Joe's life for as long as he can remember: writing and filming sketches in college; attempting (and failing) standup in Los Angeles in 2019; getting suspended in school; all the way to finally and truly beginning his standup career in Denver.When he's not doing standup, Joe is a Middle School Teacher, teaching 8th grade for the past 5 years. In addition to standup, he heads social media for Vail Comedy Festival, along with contributing to the social media team for Atlanta Comedy Festival.Joe has opened for Brandt Tobler at Denver Comedy Works, been featured at Loonees Comedy Corner, and is a semi-finalist for “Fort’s Funniest” at The Comedy Fort.
- Saturday July 15th 08:30PM - Club 337
- Caitlin Peluffo (as seen on Stephen Colbert, Comedy Central, James Corden) at Club 337
- Lafayette Comedy presents comedian Caitlin Peluffo on Saturday, July 15th at Club 337 inside the Doubletree Hotel at 8:30 p.m.Tickets on sale for $20 in advance.Originally hailing from San Francisco, CA, Caitlin Peluffo is a comedian based in NYC. After a brief six year stint in art school studying performative video art (no, really…that’s a thing) Caitlin expanded her talents to the stage. She’s opened for comedians, Maria Bamford, Fortune Feimster, Matteo Lane, and Brian Regan. She’s been featured everywhere from the world famous Comedy Cellar in the Big Apple to clubs nationwide talking about how she came to be such a lovable loose cannon.Caitlin has been featured on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Late Late Show with James Corden, 2022’s Just For Laughs Festival and has hosted her weekly podcast, Good Time Gal with Caitlin Peluffo for over two years. With Caitlin, no subject is off limits, however, she did make a promise to her mother that she would never, ever discuss that one time she took those ‘whorish, yet tastefully executed’ photos for a guy she used to bang in the military. She may be a patriot, but a promise is a promise.
- Saturday July 29th 12:00PM - Club 337
- Gary Vider (America’s Got Talent, Conan, Late Show with Stephen Colbert) at Club 337
- Lafayette Comedy presents comedian Gary Vider on Saturday, July 29th at Club 337 inside the Doubletree Hotel.Doors at 8:00 p.m.Show at 8:30 p.m.Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door the night of the show.About Gary:Gary Vider is a New York City-based comedian who has made a name for himself in the national comedy scene.His subtle style of humor took him all the way to the finals on season 10 of America’s Got Talent. His dry delivery has also earned him TV appearances on CONAN and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.His jokes have been published in the New York Times and Time Out NY Magazine.He was named a "Comic to Watch" by Esquire and was the winner of the 2014 Carolines on Broadway March Madness competition where he beat out 63 of the best young comedians.In early 2020, Gary released his debut comedy album, ‘Vider Las Vegas’.